Politics & International Relations
This degree offers the opportunity to explore the debates, ideas, and issues that permeate global affairs. The modules will provide you with the theoretical tools you need to gain a well-rounded understanding of the world around you and of your place in it. You will also be empowered to use an array of lenses to develop your insight into how and why global events occur and how the world can be changed for the better.
- Politics and International Relations offers a highly complex but flexible degree programme which allows students to explore such diverse subjects as Political Science, Philosophy, History, and Business Studies
- Develop a real-world expertise into current political affairs, across the European campuses as well as globally
- Learn the skills that will make you highly employable in a vast range of industries and sectors, and empower yourself with a deeper insight of the world around you and of your place within it
- Develop a high level proficiency in advanced academic writing, speaking and debating to work in the world’s best global affairs private and public sectors
- Gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of the key theories, debates, and issues that permeate global politics and international relations; learn about the philosophers who have shaped our contemporary understanding of politics and society; discover how political science can assist in cross-country and cross-time studies of how societies operate; explore how the world we live in has been shaped by recent historical events.
- Address complex real-life problems through debates; role-playing; and group projects.
- Develop skills that are highly in demand among recruiters such as teamwork, digital proficiency, communication; critical and creative thinking.
- Gain a better understanding of your personal strengths, development needs and aspirations
These degrees develop intellectual and practical skills that are relevant across a wide range of career opportunities. Politics and International Relations graduates can find work with a huge variety of employers including multilateral and intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, banking and accounting services, local and national governments, educational establishments, and media and publishing companies. Our Politics and IR programmes are also a stepping stone to pursue postgraduate studies into a range of prestigious social sciences disciplines, including law, business administration, human rights and international development.