This half course develops basic mathematical methods and will emphasise their applications to problems in economics, management and related areas.
- Functions of several variables
- Matrices and linear equations
- Sequences and series
If you complete the course successfully, you should be able to:
- use the concepts, terminology, methods and conventions covered in the half course to solve mathematical problems in this subject;
- solve unseen mathematical problems involving understanding of these concepts and application of these methods;
- see how mathematical techniques can be used to solve problems in economics and related subjects.
- Anthony, M. and N. Biggs. Mathematics for Economics and Finance. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.