Current issues in neuroscience
This module aims to provide students with an opportunity to develop their knowledge of current applications of neuroscience and the issues these raise, as well as developing their presentation skills and independent research skills in the area of information literacy. By examining the role of neuroscience in marketing, health, legal and education contexts, students will learn to critically evaluate claims and evidence.
The module supports the student in conducting an in-depth analysis of the application of neuroscience to a number of different disciplines:
- Health (focusing on addiction)
On successful completion of this module, you will be expected to be able to:
- Appreciate the complexity of applying neuroscience to other disciplines.
- Recognise the limitations of applying neuroscience methods to other contexts.
- Discuss the ethical implications of neuroscience applications.
- Make valuable contribution to presentations of key research papers in this field.
- Demonstrate information literacy skills underlying written work Reflect on their own learning.